We envision a matriarchal community where all Indigenous women in BC are safe and respected with a sense of belonging and connection to cultural traditions.
Our Mandate is:
- To promote establish and maintain communication and information sharing between First Nations women, women’s groups and all levels of Government within the Province of BC.
- To provide a holistic, social, spiritual, psychological and educational support network for First Nations Women.
- To research, identify and advocate on civic and social welfare issues that impact the health and well being of First Nations women who live in BC, including but not limited to: health care, justice, family violence and housing.
- To develop and provide holistic, culturally appropriate health related services for First Nations women and their families.
- To encourage and foster the preservation, facilitation and sharing of Aboriginal culture.
- To encourage and support the educational aspirations of First Nations women and youth.
- To establish and distribute a scholarship fund for First Nations women in post-secondary training.
We achieve these goals with culturally-safe programs and services. (LINK)