At Pacific Association of First Nations Women (PAFNW) we envision a matriarchal community where all Indigenous women in BC are safe and respected with a sense of belonging and connection to cultural traditions.
To bring our vision into reality, we advocate for systems change and provide Indigenous, culturally safe learning and offer holistic supports to uplift Indigenous women and strengthen families.
- Promote establish and maintain communication and information sharing between First Nations women, women’s groups and all levels of Government within the Province of BC.
- Provide a holistic, social, spiritual, psychological and educational support network for First Nations Women.
- Research, identify and advocate on civic and social welfare issues that impact the health and well being of First Nations women who live in BC, including but not limited to: health care, justice, family violence and housing.
- Develop and provide holistic, culturally appropriate health related services for First Nations women and their families.
- Encourage and foster the preservation, facilitation and sharing of Aboriginal culture.
- Encourage and support the educational aspirations of First Nations women and youth.
- Establish and distribute a scholarship fund for First Nations women in post-secondary training.
We achieve these goals with culturally-safe programs and services. (LINK)
Attention Community Members
We trust you are all managing well and adhering to the safety precautions during this most difficult time. It can be very frustrating for many and we hope that you are able to stay connected to us and others during this time.
Go to our COVID-19 page to see information & programs.
The Language Program
Is growing leaps and bounds and will begin in January. Both Cree and Ojibway online classes will be offered. Go to our LANGUAGES page to check the dates or contact PAFNWLanguages@gmail.com for more info.
We are excited for our Moving Forward online Management training that will begin the end of September and run for 12 weeks. This training is was designed by Indigenous people for Indigenous people. For registration and more information check out our Moving Forward page.
Join our Team!
We are hiring and have a few positions open, check out the JOBS page to see.
Our Strategic Plan
In unity, Indigenous women rise