We envision a matriarchal community where all Indigenous women in BC are safe and respected with a sense of belonging and connection to cultural traditions.
To bring our vision into reality, we advocate for systems change and provide Indigenous, culturally safe learning and offer holistic supports to uplift Indigenous women and strengthen families.
Our Mandate is:
- To promote establish and maintain communication and information sharing between First Nations women, women’s groups and all levels of Government within the Province of BC.
- To provide a holistic, social, spiritual, psychological and educational support network for First Nations Women.
- To research, identify and advocate on civic and social welfare issues that impact the health and well being of First Nations women who live in BC, including but not limited to: health care, justice, family violence and housing.
- To develop and provide holistic, culturally appropriate health related services for First Nations women and their families.
- To encourage and foster the preservation, facilitation and sharing of Aboriginal culture.
- To encourage and support the educational aspirations of First Nations women and youth.
- To establish and distribute a scholarship fund for First Nations women in post-secondary training.
We achieve these goals with culturally-safe programs and services. (LINK)